A research paper is a form of academic writing that requires independent investigation of the indicated subject and analyse the unique outcomes of that investigation.
A finance researcher is mainly responsible for exploring, analyzing, interpreting and presenting data related to markets, operations, finance/accounting, economics, customers, and other information related to the finance field. Finance Research is typically very quantitative, analytical, logical, and you should be good at managing numbers and data. It presumes methodical search, collection, and analysis of information in order to form the right decisions. It means that finance research paper will include not only information about the current situation in the global (or any other) scenario but also raise some critical issues or problems, suggesting their possible results.
You have to choose your topic carefully and filter all the unrelated information. There are numerous things that you need to keep in mind while choosing a great research topic, such as its relevance in terms of contemporary application, its connection with the previous research works, the nature of the research question, etc. Similarly, you will also have to make sure that the topic is highly streamlined towards a particular problem that you will be involving in your research analysis.
- Choose a topic you like: When it comes to choosing your research paper it is essential that you choose a topic that you are interested in. Attempting to write about a subject that you are not passionate about is very difficult. Since research papers are very lengthy, it only makes sense that if you are going to write something of that magnitude you write about something that you enjoy.
- Make sure there is enough research: There are some topics that because they are so new there are a limited amount of research to write a substantial paper. Before you start writing your paper, make sure that you have done some pre-research to ensure that there is enough research material to write your topic on.
- Read: As a student you should be reading anyway; however, you should be doing a lot more reading when deciding on what topic you are going to be writing about. Make sure that you are reading recent, current and up to date material to ensure that your research paper is relevant.
Financial topic areas you can consider are:
- Risk management: This is concerned with how organizations manage unforeseen events and how to minimize their impact on organizational performance. Types of risks include financial risk, economic risk, regulatory risks, human risks etc.
- Corporate governance: Under this topic a student can choose an organization and study the system of rules and processes that govern an organization. A hot topic in this area today is the composition of women in the board and their impact on sustainable business practices.
- Investment management: This topic is concerned with how a financial institution manages its financial resources such as equity, fixed income instruments, commodities and alternative investments.
Top 10 Finance Research Paper Topics:
- Discuss the difference between traditional finance and behavioral finance.
- Study on the impact of budgetary controls on the performance of an organization study.
- Critical analysis on the use of financial statements in assessing the performance of an organization.
- What are some of the ethical concerns that are associated with corporate finance, and how can these be handled with ease?
- Audit independence: enhancing accountability and transparency in corporate organizations
- Credit management and issues of bad debts in commercial banks in [Country Name].
- Prospects and challenges of mobile banking in [Country Name].
- Evaluation of bank lending practices and credit management in [Country Name].
- Impact of electronic banking on customer satisfaction.
10. An assessment of loan defaults and its impacts on profitability of Banks.